Been a while since I updated this blog. Life keeps interfering with my modeling, but I have been making progress. I’ve just completed a component that I’ll be using in a larger piece, namely the M4 Carbine. This thing was a monster to model, lots of blending curves. The front sight was the single hardest part to model, and I eventually just decided that close enough will have to do. I still need to model a bayonet for it but the rifle itself is done.
Next I’ll be modeling a K-pot followed by a pair of boots. I don’t expect to have much trouble with the helmet but the boots could be interesting. For this purpose they should be a worn pair of boots so I’ll have to model some sagging and wrinkles.